First Foreign N . F. Railway Employees Camp held at Singapore and Malayasia w.e.f. 31-03-2019 to 06-04-2019

Saturday, May 11, 2019

N . F. Railway organised first foreign Employees Camp at Singapore and Malayasia for the year 2018-19

N . F. Railway's First Employees Camp held at Singapore 
and Malayasia w.e.f. 31-03-2019 to 06-04-2019

Northeast Frontier Railway has organized for the first time a week long “Employees Foreign Camp” for the year-2018-19 to Singapore & Malayasia w.e.f. 31-03-2019 to 06-04-2019 sponsored by Central Staff Benefit Fund of N. F. Railway and third such camp of Indian Railways.

The employees camp has been organized by Personnel Department (HQ) for total 61 personnels of N. F. Railway out of which total 50 nos. were non-gazetted employees, 7 nos. of CSBF Committee members and 04 nos. of on-duty officials. Out of 61, 02 nos. of employee campers could not join the camp due to their personal reasons at the last moment.

Employee Campers were selected through a lottery conducted among the applicants received from Divisions, Workshops and HQ unit of N. F. Railway.  In the lottery, total 38 male employees and 12 female employees were selected. 80% of the trip expenditure was funded through Staff Benefit Fund (SBF) and remaining 20 % was paid by the employees.

          Campers started for the tour on 31-03-2019 from Headquarter Office of N. F. Railway, Maligaon and boarded flight from Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport  to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport and then to Changi Airport, Singapore. Shri D P Gabriel, Pr. Chief Personnel Officer, N. F. Railway was present at Headquarter Office on 31-03-2019 to see off the campers and expressed his good wishes for successful conduct of the employees camp and safe return. Union officials were also present to see off the campers and conveyed good wishes for successful conduct of the camp.

According to the tour itinerary, the trip involves 3 days stay at Singapore w.e.f. 01-04-2019 to 03-04-2019 and 2 days stay at Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) w.e.f. 04-04-2019 to 06-04-2019. The main attractions at Singapore were visit of Garden by the Bay with Two dome, City tour of Singapore, Sentosa Station (Cable car riding, mono rail ride, S.E.A Aquarium, Wings of Time), shopping at Mustafa Centre & local market, Universal Studio etc.. The main attractions at Kuala Lumpur were visit of Batu Caves, Watch Factory, Genting Higlands with both way cable car ride, city tour of Kuala Lumpur covering King’s Palace (photo stop), National monument, Petronas Twin Tower and Berjaya Time Square for shopping. (Click here to see details of Tour Itinerary).

Entire tour arrangements were operated and managed by IRCTC Ltd., Guwahati with respect to obtaining VISA, flight tickets, accommodation, food, vehicles, tour guides etc. 

After successful conduct of the camp, all camp members boarded flight on the night of 5th April, 2019 at KL International Airport, Kuala Lumpur and via Bhubaneswar International Airport reached Guwahati Airport on the morning of 06 April, 2019.


News about the camp published on the following local newspaper :-

  • Amar Asom (Assamese Newspaper) dated 04 April, 2019
  • The Sentinel (English Newspaper) dated 3 April, 2019
  • Pratah Khabor (Hindi Newspaper) dated 3 April, 2019
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment